HOW TO READ A NEW TESTAMENT LETTER
Have you ever wondered, how do I read and correctly interpret the Bible?
READ SCRIPTURE WORKSHOPS are one night workshops where we explore the principles for faithful Bible interpretation. We utilize resources from The Bible Project as well as other sources to cover a variety of topics about correctly handling the Word of God. Below is a short video explaining what The Bible Project is all about.
Paul told Timothy,
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
So, it is very important that we as Christians do our best to make sure we are correctly understanding what the Bible is saying, and what it means to us today.
In this workshop we will be using the epistle of Jude as an interactive example to walk through the principles of good interpretation for New Testament letters. We will cover topics such as:
- What are genres of the Biblical books and how do they impact how we read them?
- How do we recognize literary structures in the text?
- How do we connect Biblical passages to other scriptures?
- How do we deal with difficult or confusing passages?
- What are some techniques we can use to ensure that we understand the message?
- How do we determine what is a faithful interpretation of a text?
If this interests you, mark your calendars and sign up below!
WHEN: Friday, 12th October @ 7 – 9 PM
WHERE: The Church Office (1255 The Queensway)